Monday, April 26, 2010

Kicking it off

Well, I've done it. I'm officially a blogger. Take me or leave me - but blog I will! I gotta say its tough picking a title. I'm not sure right now how easy (or not) it is to change that later. So I sat and debated on what to do. Something deep? Something clever? Something funny? I would type one in, delete it out, type another in...you get the idea. Finally I just went for it. Welcome to "Finding my Pitch". To lend some clarity to the rest of you, here's the story around the title. At the moment I'm reading an awesome book by Lynn Grabhorn called "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting" that talks about the Law of Attraction and how the literal vibration you send out to the world will dictate what you get back. Happy thoughts (satisfaction, joy, love, etc.) vibrate on a high frequency and bummer thoughts (anxiety, stress, anger, etc.) vibrate on a low frequency. And what you are putting out, consciously or not, is what you get back. You put out negative vibes and you'll run out of gas, stub your toe and burn your finger on the same morning. Her visual on this is a stadium full of people holding tuning forks. If you sound yours, the only ones that will automatically sound back are those that are on the same pitch. What vibrates out is what comes back. So here I am, trying to find my pitch. Thanks for joining me. I hope you enjoy the ride.

6 comments:

  1. Oh hooray, Beth! I like it already. I'd follow you anywhere, sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first post and you've already added a new book to my list. Bring on all the Beth I can stand!! Looking forward to your vibrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! Thanks for putting out such great energy & I'm so happy our paths have crossed. I am looking forward to your blog...I already know that what you have to say is definitely worth hearing. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title! It was so fun getting to know you this weekend and I look forward to more nuggets from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Beth! Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Beth I love you! you are super rad and funny and incredibly talented! i so love that you are finally getting your voice out there and i can just come and have a visit with you whenever i please. though in lieu of the real thing (which we should do very soon), it is nice to hear you and that is a comfort. you are doing it! i'm totally getting that book too btw:) oxox-b

    ReplyDelete